Sunday, May 18, 2008

Drinkin Wiine, Spo-Dee-O-Dee, Drinkin Wine

That is actually the title of a Sticks McGhee song sung around 1947. It should have been sung last night at a wine tasting event at our house. One of Diane's co-workers started a girls wine tasting club to meet once a month. So we hosted the kick off event last night in the back yard. Each person either brings wine or something to munch on. We tried to come up with a name but tabled it until the next meeting. One of the gals suggested the name Luscious Ladies. I thought wino's was a fitting name. Of course I was veto'd. I wasn't looking forward to it but I had a lot of fun. They are a diverse group of ladies and fortunately there were a couple of other women who were not knowledgeable about wine. After tasting a bunch of different wines I still don't care for wine but shhhhh don't tell the wine women or I will be banned.

It is very warm here about 92 degrees but I heard Oregon is having a heat wave too. It is lovely but very warm. Thank God for air conditioning.

I went shopping for the new baby and found a swing and several adorable pink outfits. It is so much fun shopping for baby girls. The swing is such a necessary item especially for a fussy baby. Mikey was very fussy so I told them to never run out of batteries.

My friend Steve and his partner are coming down to LA for Memorial weekend and I look forward to seeing them. I met Steve when I worked for Xerox. When he was hired his cube was next to mine and we had low walls. I kept looking over at him thinking I had seen him somewhere. I finally got it. He was featured on AM Northwest when the oldest son from the Brady Bunch came to town. Someone had called the show and told them about Steve's Brady Bunch collection. They unexpectedly rang his door bell and when he opened it there was Greg from the Brady Bunch. It was a pretty funny show as here were two grown men ogling all the trinkets Steve had collected. He was the one who initiated me to EBay.

Love to you and yours,
NanaCarol

2 comments:

JO said...

Hi Carol:

Your wine group sounds like lots of fun.I'm not good at picking out wines. We buy the $2.99 wine at Trader Joe's by the case and it seems to work for us!

Our weather has been hot but is going to get cooler. Denny is boat racing this weekend in Newberg. Should be fun.

Keep us posted on the baby.

Love, JO

Anonymous said...

carol; sure sounds like you are getting the "california-groove" on...vino???
matt said he and mike visited on the fone the other day. everyone is awaiting the little fields baby-child.....she will be adorable and probably make her presence known right away.....hope to see photos on your blog....looking forward to it!
mary etta