Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's Been A Long Time

It has been a long time since my last blog. Some of the fun of blogging came to an end when the blog I posted about the layoffs at my job, at a company that shall remain nameless, was found and read by someone then emailed all around my corporate office. I guess they had several meetings trying to decide what to do about the "corporate rebel". Of course no one told me. I could have explained that the only people that read my blog were my friends who didn't give a good God D*** about the company I worked for. They didn't know my readership was about 10 people a month. They finally asked me about it and seemed appeased by my limited readership. It was a pathetic waste of corporate time at a time when the company was losing money. It seems, as most of us know, there is little common sense in the corporate world today.

Oh well enough about that. We had a nice Thanksgiving. I longed for the days when I had all of my family together. As much as we want our children to grow up and become grown ups, we spend the rest of our lives missing them. What they should tell us when we are new parents is that we need to instill in our children that they can never live more then 50 miles from their parents.....ever.

The grandchildren are all fine. Abyah made the wrestling team. I think I am okay with that. I am not so sure that when I see her out on the mat I will be okay. I might run out on the mat to rescue her and pin her opponent. I am not so sure if she wrestle boys her Dad might not run to the mat to pin her opponent. I am sure I will have some good stories to tell about the exploits of her wrestling matches.

Jaclyn is doing well too. She has the funniest sense of humor. Between the mother and the Nana she is doomed to a quirky sense of humor. Fortunately she still thinks boys are stinky and is remaining a little girl for a little more. She is very very smart and does very well in school. Which makes me very happy.

Brooklyn is suppose to have a vocabulary of about 20 words at nearly two. She is about 16 months old and probably has at least a 200 + word vocabulary. She is in the infant class at her day care and we were very concerned when she started, afraid she would be picked on. However, it seems she is the class bully. There is a doll there that every child "knows" is Brooklyn's and they don't touch it. Until one day a little girl took the doll and Brooklyn "took care" of her. And just to prove her point she convinced the little girl to stand by the door that they weren't supposed to open. (It leads to the main lobby of the school) Brooklyn opened the door and shoved the little girl into the hallway, then closed the door and turned and smiled sweetly at the day care worker. They have decided she needs to be moved out of the infant class into the toddler class. They told Mike and Michelle, that Brookie is just too advanced and needs to be moved up. She is a sly one, that Brookie.

I am fine. But really miss Oregon. The class reunion has given me many moments of puzzlement. I have been married twice, recently tried to date and found my man picker is still off. I look at my classmates and the ones that are successful, retired and seem to be, not only content, but downright happy. Now I am a realist and know that they had to have had bumps along the way but somehow they worked through them. It sure makes a difference financially when two people spend their lifetime working together and at retirement they reap the benefits.

It seems there must be a secret in making a marriage work. I wonder if I asked each of my married classmates what their secret was, if I would get a different answer.

Love to you and yours,
NanaCarol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

compromise, compromise, compromise........
i will never forget how disappointed i was in sociology class when they said "marriage is an economical alliance"...what about "love"???
well,.........guess what.....
love changes ......
mary etta

Anonymous said...

by the way....i love the fact that you are blogging again...you are a gifted writer my friend
m.e.