Sunday, March 30, 2008

It Is Still A Small Small World

As you all know I work at Aramark Services in the uniform division which rents uniforms, towels, table linens and mops. A lot of our business is from restaurants. Last week I was covering the phones for someone on vacation when a lady called wanting to purchase some table linens for her catering business. When I asked for her phone she said 503 and I thought hum......then she said 538 and I thought what??? I asked for her name and when she said Sharon Wilhite I asked her if she remembered Carol Brown class of 64. She did and we both laughed at what a small world we live in. So if anyone needs catering call Sharon. She lives in Dundee.

Well I am all moved in. My roommate is just delightful and I really think I will enjoy living here. Her three dogs seem to like me so all is good. And I am sure Mike and Michelle were celebrating last night that the old hag was gone!!! At least Maddie, the puppy, will miss me.

Jo, this is for you!! You have been such an inspiration to me with your determination that in a moment of madness I signed up for the Revlon 5K Walk/Run for Breast Cancer Research. I can barely walk 3 blocks without huffing and puffing but I am determined that on May 10th I will complete that 5K walk. I start training today. There is a bike path in front of the house so each day I plan on increasing the length of of my walk. Heck maybe next year instead of walking I can run. That will be nothing short of a miracle. And since I have posted this goal in my blog I think it will to hold me accountable. Will keep you all posted.

Love to you and yours,
NanaCarol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

carol...glad you got all moved and like it. way to go on the walking....you just may be running in a year! keep the faith....
mary etta

JO said...

Hi Carol: I am so proud of you for signing up for the 5K walk. Be sure to let me know how you do. I will be cheering you on. I haven't been good at looking at your blog or blogging myself because I have been busy. I am going to try to do a better job. I had a great phone conversation with Sandy yesterday. When we get back from our Mexican cruise (in a couple of weeks) I plan on going to see her. They bought propery near The Flying M Ranch. Remember the time we stayed there when we planned our school reunion? Great memories. Good luck with your "training." If we lived closer, I would walk it with you. You GO GIRL! Love, JO

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you have moved and have your own place; it sounds so nice to be with another woman that you enjoy and laugh with; I miss you so much here at work, we used to laugh and laugh; you were always making me laugh; anyway hope to visit you and when you get to Oregon besure and call me.

Cyndi