Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Value of Friends

Some times when you make a leap of faith you fall a long way. That has certainly been the past few months. I have been free falling but I think I am slowly making a landing. I certainly don't regret spending a couple of months with Jaclyn and Abyah. But living in someone else's home and being dependent on them creates a whole new world of stress. And with that stress comes depression. I tend to become reclusive from everyone until I can turn the situation around. When my life is so negative I don't want to talk to anyone. I guess it is like the old adage that if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

Thankfully I have found a dream job. I knew it was going to be good when I walked into the reception area and the receptionist was in her late 50's or 60's. And the employee standing talking to her had to be in her sixties. And when the women who started training me turned out to be 65 I knew it was going to be good. I am working at Aramark in the uniforms division. I will be working on the projects team which means I won't be on the phone taking 100 calls a day. Which in it self is a blessing. I have had such a problem finding a job here that I feel very fortunate to have landed here.

Mikey and I went to an over 55 complex that is just a few block from my job and I got put on the waiting list. It is quite nice and they have lots of activities and I am determined to take advantage of them.

Andy came down to celebrate his 40th and Mikey's 30 birthday. They had originally planned to go to Arizona but changed their minds so Andy came here which was nice so I could see him. But after four days with both boys I know why rabbits eat their young. Or as my mother in law used to say, glad twice ..... glad to see them and glad to see them go.

Surprisingly we have had lots of rain lately. It is rather amusing how Angelanos behave in the rain. You sure don't want to be on the freeway with them. But the last couple of days have been clear and sunny and I think about 80 degrees.

I am going to post to this blog on Sundays. So stay tuned. Know that I love and miss you all. And keep a kind heart towards me.

NanaCarol

1 comment:

Cyndi Johnson said...

HI Carol, so glad to hear things are good and happy new grandma; Mikey is finally taking the plunge; did you find a new home?
Cyndi